Kia XCeed 2020 – New Kia Cross Hatch
The new cross-hatch Kia XCeed (Kia Sid X) was officially introduced on June 26, 2019 and became the fourth model in the Ceed family in the third generation. The first is the Kia Seed hatchback, the second is the new Kia Seed station wagon Kia Seed SW and the third is the Kia shoot-break continue. All these models can be found on our website. Review Kia XCeed 2019-2020 – news, photos and videos of the new Kia X LED, price and full specifications of the new cross hatch with an original body and an impressive maximum ground clearance of 184 mm.
The world premiere of the stylish new Kia Hsid is scheduled for mid-September 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany, as part of a local motor show. Sales on the European market will begin immediately after the public premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show at a price of 20 thousand euros. In order to produce a new cross-hatch from Kia, it is planned to be in the Slovak plant of the Korean company in Zilina (Slovak plant Zilina) side by side with other models of the new Seed family.
It should be noted right away that the new cross-hatch Kia XCeed is the twin brother of the usual hatchback Kia Seed received a plastic protective body kit around the lower perimeter of the body and increased ground clearance by 60 mm (clearance is repelled from European versions of the car), and is positioned as a real SUV or crossover. The new lineup will be located just below the compact crossover Kia Sportage. While the Kia Sid X splattery brother is the usual Kia Sid (models are divided between the K2 platform with a fully independent suspension architecture in front MacPherson strut and rear multi-link) with front-wheel drive. But the XCeed all-wheel drive transmission is not supposed to.
So, we have a typical cross-Hat, not a crossover. However, the new Kia XCeed looks so original and stylish that you can close your eyes to the lack of all-wheel drive. Who, I wonder, needs it in Europe? The novelty attracts the attention of a swift and dynamic coupe-shaped body profile with a roof line and lush hinged panels. Also in the Arsenal of stylish headlights, stylish taillights, large round wheel arches, powerful bumpers and a generous plastic body kit.
The new Kia Hsid model is much larger than the regular Kia Sid hatchback at 85mm long, 26mm wide and 36mm high, and under 42mm increase. the front overhang is more than 25 mm, and the rear is generally 60 mm.
- The external body dimensions of the Kia XCeed 2019-2020 are 4395 mm long, 1826 mm wide, 1483 mm high and 2650 mm wheelbase.
- The length of the front overhang of the body is 905 mm, the length of the rear overhang is 840 mm.
- The ground clearance of the new cross-hatch is generally a separate issue. As standard with 16-inch wheels and 205/50 R16 tires, the ground clearance is 174 mm, when installing larger 18-inch wheels with 235/45 R18 tires, the ground clearance is already 184 mm.
In addition to much more ground clearance than the standard Kia Seed hatchback, the Kia XCeed’s chassis design provides a number of improvements. Softer springs are used (strut by 7%, and rear by 4%), as well as original front shock absorbers, hydraulic rebound buffers are supplemented. This upgraded suspension offers more power and better shock absorption capability than the standard suspension. It remains only to add that the electric power steering received its original parameters.
The interior of the new Kia XCeed as a whole almost completely copies the interior platform from the brothers of the Ceed family in the 3rd generation, but there are several differences.
- First, XCeed as an option, a virtual dashboard with a 12.3-inch display with a resolution of 1920×720 pixels and several options for photo design. Standard instrument panel with tax dials and monochrome or color screen, trip computer.
- Secondly, an advanced multimedia system with a 10.25-inch widescreen color screen is offered for a fee. In the initial version, the screens are smaller than the size of 7.0 and 8.0 inches.
- Thirdly, the interior is adorned with contrasting color inserts and stitching.
The useful volume of the trunk of the new cross-hatch is 426 liters from the back of the second row to 1378 liters, subject to the folding of the rear seats. A 40:20:40 split of three back row sections is offered for a fee, as well as a power tailgate.
Specifications Kia XCeed 2019-2020
Five engines are reserved for the new Ceed family in the third generation Kia Hsid cross-hatch – three turbocharged petrol engines and two turbodiesel. Gearbox 6 manual gearbox or 7 DCT (not available for petrol engine).
Gasoline engines for Kia XCeed 2019-2020:
- Three-cylinder turbo engine 1.0 T-zhdy (capacity of 120 hp and 172 Nm) paired with a 6-speed. a manual transmission accelerates the car from 0 to 100 km / h in 11.3 seconds.
- Four-cylinder turbo engine 1.4 GDI (140 hp 242 Nm).
- A four-cylinder turbocharged engine 1.6 T-GDI with (204 hp 265 Nm) in the company of a DCT robotic gearbox with 7 shoots hatching from 0 to 100 km / h in just 7.5 seconds and allows you to accelerate to maximum speed of 220 miles per hour.
Turbo diesel engines for Kia XCeed 2019-2020:
- Four-cylinder turbo diesel 1.6 with CRDi (115 hp 280-300 Nm).
- Four-cylinder turbo diesel 1.6 with CRDi (136 hp 280-300 Nm).