Volvo S60 2019 – 3rd generation of the Volvo S60 sedan
The new Volvo S60 sedan was officially launched on June 20, 2018 in America, simultaneously with the launch of the last Volvo car factory in Charleston (South Carolina, USA). In our review of the Volvo S60 2018-2019 – the first news, photos and videos, the price and detailed technical specifications of the 4-door sedan, the Volvo S60 3 generation. for the base version of the Volvo S60 T5 with a 250-horsepower petrol engine, 8 automatic transmissions and front-wheel drive, the 400-horsepower gasoline-electric Volvo S60 T8 twin engine is valued at $54,400.
recently a new generation of the Volvo S60 sedan, which will appear in early 2019, and apparently only with petrol engines running by default 8 with an automatic transmission. The cost of the novelty has not yet been announced, but, of course, we can say that the new Volvo S60 sedan will cost more than its predecessor on the current market and is offered at a price of 1899 conditional units for the Volvo S60 T3 with a 152-horsepower gasoline engine and automatic transmission 6, The price of the Volvo S60 T5 version with a 245-horsepower gasoline engine and automatic transmission 8 is 2218 thousand conventional units.
Sedan Volvo S60 3 generations of the American residence, stood on the assembly line of the plant in Charleston. Interestingly, the company, Volvo Cars, has invested more than 1.1 billion in this enterprise, and the plan for future years is to have a production capacity of 150,000 cars per year. However, at least until 2021 (it is expected that the production of a new generation of the Volvo XC90 crossover will be launched), only the Volvo S60 sedan will leave the assembly line for any market from the American and state, European and Chinese. The release of new products in China (the Chinese market for Volvo, by the way, is dominant) will begin in mid-2019, with Chinese car enthusiasts offering the new Volvo S60 sedan, with standard wheelbase dimensions and a klinoobraznuju version of the Volvo S60 l.
The main competitors are the mid-size 4-door Volvo S60 sedan of the new generation of the European D-class sedan, the premium segment, the Audi A4, the BMW 3-series, the Jaguar XE cars and the Mercedes-Benz C-class, and, believe me, the novelty has something then to solve these models.
- firstly, a stylish and modern appearance;
- secondly, the excellent quality of the interior with the most modern equipment;
- thirdly, excellent technical stuffing, it’s a pity the sedan is devoid of a diesel engine and is offered exclusively with gasoline engines and diesel power plants.
I would like to note that, perhaps for the European market and recently, the new Volvo S60 will make diesels D3 (150 hp) and D4 (190 hp) available for the Volvo V60 station wagon platform. Both models are built on the SPA platform, as well as the large Volvo S90 sedan, the Volvo V90 wagon and the Volvo V90 cross-country wagon and the Volvo XC60 crossover and Volvo XC90. In this case, the brother-sedan Volvo S60, of course, is the Volvo V60 station wagon, introduced in the spring of 2018. Here are just a 4-door S60 with an almost complete resemblance to the 5-door V60 station wagon (models differ only in the design of the stern) – one of the most beautiful and harmonious cars among all models from the modern Volvo car line.
The sedan’s arsenal includes bright and charismatic Thor’s hammer front LED headlights, a neat grille and a sporty bumper.
Energetic and dynamic body profile with a long bonnet, fashionable circular wheel arches, light domed roofs, side doors with a breathtaking kick and a compact stern.
The back of the body is a source of pride for designers. There are dazzlingly stylish rear lights with sophisticated LED patterns, perfectly styled boots and a chic bumper.
- The external dimensions of the body of the Volvo S60 2018-2019 in Length 4760 mm, 2040 mm, width, including exterior rear-view mirrors, high 1437 mm, with a 2872 mm wheelbase.
- So the upcoming generations of the S60 sedan and added a length of 132mm, received a large wheelbase 96mm dimensions, but 57mm and 47mm lower than its predecessor.
He reduced the width and height of the body of the new Volvo S60 sedan, which is almost invisible in the new cabin, but the increased wheelbase and overall overall length significantly increased the legroom, especially in the rear. The interior of the S60 sedan is exactly the same platform replica of the interior of the V60 car wagon.
So the buyers of the novelty have the right to count on a virtual dashboard, a multifunction steering wheel with a thick rim, a Sensus Connect multimedia system with a 9.5-inch color display (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 4G, Wi-Fi), four-zone climate control. driver and front passenger seat contours with enhanced lateral support and a wide range of secondary options, providing a high level of comfort.
Assistants and electronic safety assistants, city safety system, semi-autopilot pilot assistance systems, lane departure, mitigation, oncoming lane mitigation and cross-traffic alert, which will insure the driver and will not allow the car to pull over to the side of the road or oncoming lane, and will obstruct the vehicle in the event of a head-on collision.
Technical characteristics of the Volvo S60 in 2018-2019.
The base saloon to the modular Volvo S60 SPA platform has been given a new strong body with high torsional rigidity, fully independent all-wheel suspension with integral springs in the rear suspension, and even the option of air suspension.
Since the launch of the 3rd generation of the S60 sedan, which is available for order from 4 power plants.
Petrol version of the new Volvo S60 sedan in 2018-2019.
- Volvo S60 T5 front-wheel drive car is equipped with a 4-cylinder turbocharged 2.0-liter engine (250 hp 350 Nm) in the company 8 automatic, front-wheel drive.
- Volvo S60 T6 with all-wheel drive system is equipped with a 2.0-liter turbo engine (316 hp and 400 Nm) paired with 8 automatic transmissions, all-wheel drive.
Petrol-electric version of the Volvo S60 sedan in 2018-2019.
- Volvo S60 T6 with all-wheel drive system with two petrol engines and 2.0 turbo engine (total power of 340 HP 590 Nm) 8 with automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
- Volvo S60 T8 with two engines and all-wheel drive system with 2.0 Turbo and electric motor (peak power 400 HP and 640 Nm), 8-speed automatic transmission, all-wheel drive.
- For the most powerful diesel-electric version of the T8 with two engines and an all-wheel drive system, you can order a factory tuning package from Polestar. The package consists of a Polestar-designed up to 415 horsepower impact powerplant, special suspension and braking settings, and unique wheels.