2020 Ford Kuga crossover Ford Kuga 3rd generation
The new model Ford Kuga (Ford Kuga in a new body) is officially presented on April 2, 2019 at a special event in Amsterdam to go further. In the Ford Kuga 2019-2020 review – photos and videos, price and full technical specifications of the new 3rd generation Ford Kuga compact crossover, known in America under the name Ford Escape.
Sales of the new generation of the Ford Kuga crossover in the European market will begin in the summer of 2019. The price of the 3rd generation Ford Kuga has not yet been announced by the manufacturer, but according to preliminary information, it will be from 26,000 euros. Russian drivers are not waiting for a new generation of the Kuga compact crossover model in the domestic market. Unfortunately, Ford recently announced that it will stop manufacturing and selling passenger cars recently.
The new generation of the Ford Kuga compact crossover moved to the new C2 platform, known to us from the 4th generation Ford Focus and received not only a more modern and stylish appearance compared to its predecessor, the 2nd generation Ford Kuga, but increased in size, received a more spacious interior and a trunk, a bunch of modern equipment and electronic assistants, and also flaunts EcoBoost with gasoline engines and EcoBlue diesel engines, 8 automatic transmissions and even a hybrid version.
The new generation of the Ford Kuga crossover demonstrates a modern body exterior design, made in the style of the new Ford Fiesta and Ford Focus. However, you can blame the creators of the compact crossover Ford Kuga, the new one has lost its individuality and become rather boring. For example, even more – the 3rd generation Ford Kuga in some angles is very similar to the Japanese crossover Mazda CX-5 of the first generation.
The front of the product with high-mounted LED headlights, a large oval grille, located in the center of a massive bumper with a huge amount of aerodynamic elements.
On the side, the body of the new generation Ford Kuga sets on display all the fashionable attributes of the design (round wheel arches, inflated doors with a high window sill, coupe-shaped roof lines, smooth, severe), but to capture the soul of a motorist, novelty, in our opinion, will not work.
Feeds and even a little boring and ordinary: a large back door, a high horizontal ceiling, parking lights and a chopped off rear bumper.
- The external dimensions of the body of the Ford Kuga 2019-2020 are 4613 mm long, 1882 1683 mm wide and 1683 mm high, 2710 mm wheelbase.
The new Ford Kuga was noticeably larger than its predecessor. The increase in length is 89 mm, the width is 44 mm, and the size of the wheelbase has increased by 20 mm, and only in the body height of the new generation of the crossover was less than 20 mm.
The increase in external dimensions did not lead to an increase in the curb weight of the body (on average, the crossover lost 90 kg, and the rigidity of the body increased by 10%) and, of course, to increase the interior. Despite the reduction in the overall height of the new Ford Kuga in the cabin from the 3rd generation of the crossover, the space above the heads of the driver and front passenger is 13 mm more, and in the second row from above the passengers have increased by as much as 35 mm. Growth was also observed in the width of the cabin. In the first row at hip level there are 5mm more and at shoulder height 43mm in the second row, passengers get more than 36mm of hip space and 20mm more at the shoulders.
The rear row of seats, by the way, move to slide around the interior. If the seat is moved far back, passengers will get a class-record 1035 mm of legroom.
The interior of the 3rd generation Ford Kuga crossover is basically identical to that of the Ford Focus. The differences are minimal and limited to the original crossover maps, and the seats are set higher than the Focus interior.
Thus, the interior of the new generation of the Ford Kuga crossover is able to please potential buyers with a virtual dashboard with a diagonal of 12.3 inches, a projection display, a multifunction steering wheel with a thick rim, a modern SYNC 3 entertainment system (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), with an 8-inch touch screen, B&O premium audio system, 10-speaker, with Wi-Fi router (up to 10 devices can be connected), dual-zone climate control, driver and front passenger seats electrically adjustable, heated and ventilated front and rear seats, electronic complex Co-Pilot360 (Adaptive Cruise Control, Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection Auto Brake, Mirror Blind Spot Monitor,the passive safety system of the car in the lane and the automatic high beam switching system).
Specifications Ford Kuga 2019-2020.
For the crossover, the 3rd generation Ford Kuga provides a very wide range of power plants, consisting of diesel turbo engines, turbo diesels and as many as three hybrid versions.
Petrol version of the new Ford Kuga:
- Starting gasoline three-cylinder turbo engine 1.5 EcoBoost engine with combined fuel injection (120 hp) Paired with 6 manual transmissions, front-wheel drive.
- A more powerful version of the same 1.5 EcoBoost with a 150-horsepower turbo engine, 6 manual transmissions and front-wheel drive.
Diesel versions for the 3rd generation Ford Kuga:
- The initial four-cylinder turbo diesel 1.5 EcoBlue (120 hp) running in the company with 6-speed. manual transmission, and with the latest 8 automatic transmission, front-wheel drive by default.
- More powerful four-cylinder EcoBlue 2.0 turbodiesel (190 hp) with 6 manual transmissions and 8 automatic transmissions, all-wheel drive.
Hybrid version of the new generation Ford Kuga:
- The EcoBlue Ford Kuga Hybrid is equipped with an EcoBlue turbodiesel 2.0 (150 hp) assisted by a 48-volt starter-alternator powered by a low-capacity battery to assist the diesel engine when accelerating in the first meters. The average consumption of this version is only 5 liters of diesel fuel.
- Ford Kuga Hybrid with a hybrid power plant consisting of a 2.5-liter Atkinson engine and an electric motor (total power 225 hp). The Arsenal has an electromechanical variator and a battery. Combined fuel consumption is 5.6 liters.
- Ford Kuga Plug-in hybrid – for charging, the hybrid is equipped with a 2.5-liter Atkinson engine and an electric motor (maximum output of 225 hp) in the company with an electromechanical variator and a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 14.4 kW. The fuel consumption of this version is 1.2 liters, and the mileage on electricity is up to 50 kilometers. A full battery charge takes 4 hours.